I recently lost a noticeable amount of weight, which meant emails, messages and comments. Everyone wanting to know the same thing, “How did you do it!” I really tossed up whether or not to talk about it. Primarily because I am not an expert and I am hardly Miranda Kerr. What worked for me, might not work for the next and I actually did it very gradually. It’s not an overnight fix.
It’s not really a secret at all. The reason I say that is because we all already know what to do. It’s just a matter of doing it. We all know excessive drinking and certain lifestyle choices are going to result in a less pleasing, errrr, reflection. So…. without further delay:
- I cut out sugar (no, I don’t even eat fruit – bar the occasional berry)
- I increased the amount of carbs in my diet
- I eat three big meals every single day – seated, not on the run
- I don’t snack
- I drink much more water and much less alcohol
- I swapped spirits for wine
- I sleep for 8 hours daily
- I started to enjoy the foods I naturally crave (I’m a savoury person – I’d prefer a pizza to cake)
- I start and finish the day drinking a hot water with lemon and ginger
- I try to have a freshly squeezed green juice daily
* ‘Try’ acts as the operative word to each of these points, as I am not super controlled and no day is perfect.
I now wake up hungry and I’m full of energy.
Honestly, I find these changes quite shocking. If someone had told me 12 months ago to drink more wine, bread and pasta and that it would result in weight loss and toning, I would NEVER have believed them.
Exercise: I walk regularly and I’m a fairly active person, generally busy and on the go, running around here and there. I’m certainly not a gym fiend but I would like to bring it back into my life. I haven’t yet mastered an exercise routine, given the constant travel.
If you have any questions, or would like further details, please don’t hesitate to ask.
** Having emailed thousands now, I am now going to follow this post with another post inclusive of a short plan of what a daily meal plan might be like but if you do have specific questions, please don’t hesitate to email me!
** [Read: I would suggest you consult a health professional before embarking on any diet etc.]
Marysia Swim Bikini and Cynthia Rowley Rash Guard at Pam Pam Swim, Double Bay.