Every year, without fail, I venture to my favourite place on earth… From the walls of bougainvillea to the buoyant salty sea, the scorching hot and long Summer days, and the Italian people, their love for life, their constant flirtation, their body language and their natural prowess with food, Capri will always be my second home.
I am not alone in my passion for this destination. Capri draws a crowd, a regular crowd. At day clubs, couples and families have the same seats booked out for days on end.. even weeks on end. They return for their annual pilgrimage to this great Island solace and they switch off. They switch off their phones and they switch on to the Aperol tap. Capri is about good food, salty haired long days, jumping in and out of the water and going with the flow.
Hermes Collar de Chien Bracelet
My ultimate Capri:
- Under the lemon trees at the famous Da Paolina. Order the lemon leaf grilled mozzarella, followed by the seafood antipasti buffet and the desert room!
- Gelato, in fresh waffle cones at Quisisana.
- Freshly whipped up peach Bellini’s at Capri Place.
- Dinner at Aurora, for the pizza which is almost as thin as a crepe! The ‘Dreams’ wine was recommended to me.
- Grand Hotel Quisisana | For the old school 5 star luxury, ideal for those looking to be in central Capri as the Hotel is located just of the famous Piazetta.
- JK Place | For it’s new school 5 star luxury, ideal for those looking to rub shoulders with the rich and famous. JK Place overlooks the Marina Grande. Worthwhile stopping in for a drink to experience the Hotel’s iconic interiors.
- Capri Tiberio Palace | For the view from Capri’s town, the ‘fifties fun’ design aesthetic and the pops of candy colour.
- Albergo Villa Krupp | For the old school Italian vibe, views over the Faraglioni rocks and the family oriented attitude.
- Villa Le Scale | For intimate luxury and Blue Grotto, Faraglioni location.
The Island, by boat. Call Alfonso Tizzano | E. email@example.com | T. +39 3358 155 725
- Villa Verde | Very popular and fun, big tables, great food and a really great people watching place. I got so wasted here one night i’ve had to ban anyone from uploading photos of the night! They do white truffle pizzas too…
- Lido del Faro | To swim with the locals and for the more affordable, traditional long lunch.
- Il Riccio | We went here most days for lunch. It’s huge and gorgeous, set up in the rocks for a killer view of Naples. The food is stunning – octopus salad, mussels, raw prawns (my fave) and sea-urchin pasta is their speciality. I also love the sea salt baked sea bass. Get some beds and sunbathe there afterwards. If you fancy taking a boat for the day, talk to the owner who will put you in touch with Nando. He’ll take you on a traditional Capri boat to all the best lagoons and swimming spots.
- La Fontelina | If you take the boat then you should try a restaurant called Fontalina. It’s straight out of a 1950’s Fellini film with striped umbrellas and scrubbed wooden tables. Delish food too obviously.
- La Conca del Sogno | Slightly out of reach which ultimately makes it all the more lust worthy.
- Restaurante de Mamma | Loved by the locals, de Mamma is famous for it’s ultra traditional seafood and pizza.
Shot on a NIKON D7000 on location in Capri, Italy.
Dressed with thanks to Shopbop.
Sunglasses | Grey Ant
Hat | Sarah J Curtis
Pink Pom Pom Dress | Tbags Los Angeles
Black zip up Vest | The Acqua Brand
Black bikini bottoms | MIKOH
Black Chanel Espadrilles | Similar by Soludos
Floral playsuit | Zimmermann
Blue Celine Espadrilles | Similar by Soludos
White Lace Dress | English Factory
Pink Scarf (worn on wrist) | Anna Coroneo
Leather Jacket | Alexander Wang NY
Denim Shorts | One Teaspoon
Suitcase | TUMI